How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118085
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was arrested 7 years ago for sholifting -peace of t-shirt

This answer was rated:

i was arrested 7 years ago for sholifting -peace of t-shirt for 250 usd and paid fine or warranty ,then never been in court .i 've leave almost 7 years oversease and just want to go to usa for 10 days .. Will i have a problem on the border when i enter Usa.. I check my criminal recors it show only First appearance Misdemeanor .. I dont know what to do. Im affraid do not get arrested on the border because i will be with friends ,they never been in Usa
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you paid your fine upon your arrest and then nothing more was done, this was likely a deal by the DA where they take the fine and just end up dismissing the case, which is why the court cannot find your case anywhere, it has likely been dismissed. Furthermore, if you were wanted this would show up when you checked your record and when you checked your record and it does not show anything other than first appearance and no warrant, then there is no warrant issued.

Thus, to answer your question you would have no problem entering the US and while they might question you all you have to tell them is you paid a fine and it was dismissed.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the criminal records show the case number: 23CR968455MIJOH

State of georgia ,Fulton county ..then case cattegory: Arrest 12771011

and thats it .. so i think you help me with it so much ..but if it is possible to check by case number XXXXX be perfect

Thank you for your response.

A check of the case number XXXXX not show up any warrants or convictions on the charge. The main thing is it shows no warrants on the case, meaning you are not wanted and would not be arrested when you enter the US.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you