Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

In sc can i purchase a gun with a felony breach of trust. Suspended

In sc can i purchase a gun with a felony breach of trust. Suspended sentence 2 years probation which was later cut in half. My issue is where I work sells guns Ive been there 12
years but they are now going to start doing background checks. Not wanting to purchase a gun but stay employed. Thank You

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this matter and providing information for you

Was this a "deferred adjudication"? where your conviction would be removed once you serve the probation successfully?

Because if yes, then there should not be a felony conviction on your record.

If not, then the conviction is recorded and as such felons may not purchase, own or possess a firearm

And, unfortunately, that means you employer could not have you there selling guns because you would be in possession.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated