How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got charged with disorderly conduct and interfering

This answer was rated:

My son got charged with disorderly conduct and interfering with police at a WVU football game. Where do we go from here and will this permantly be on his record? Can this be expunged
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

How old is your son and does he have any prior record?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He is 21 yrs old. He has an arrest but no conviction in the state of New Jersey
In that case, your son will be eligible for expungement. It is always best to get him an attorney if possible, but as a student, he should qualify for an appointed lawyer.

He'll likely get some sort of probation for this. After it is completed, he must wait one year and then petition the court to expunge his record.

The expungement form is here

Assuming he does not get into any more trouble, this will not remain on his record.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you