How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyraB Your Own Question
MyraB, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MyraB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what tis the best to get in a criminal case expungment to seal

This answer was rated:

what tis the best to get in a criminal case expungment to seal recorded are deferred prosecution agreement with the dismissal of the case?

can a person in Wisconsin get both and how does person go to get them?

can a person get a deferred prosecution agreement after been convicted of a misdemeanor theft like expungment you have to Waite a year before you apply?

what is better to get if you plan on applying for a job later in life what will look better?

Hello and thank you for your question.

If all the charges in your case were dismissed pursuant to a deferred adjudication agreement, you can get your criminal record, including any record of arrest, removed from the Wisconsin Criminal History Repository. Information on the procedure and required forms may be found here

If all charges against you were dismissed then you would not be eligible to apply for court expungement because expungement is available only in cases where there was a conviction. However, if at sentencing the judge ordered the court record expunged following successful completion of the deferred adjudication, then the record would be expunged. A good explanation of the difference is available here

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

MyraB and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you