Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

please help me, as i need a lawyer. People came to my home

Customer Question
please help me, as i...
please help me, as i need a lawyer. People came to my home at night and robbed me, aggravated assault, armed robbery, kidnapping, thief, criminal damage. the people were not caught and i ran away afraid they would come back. and i would like to bring them to justice for what they did.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2013
Criminal Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is TJ, and I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened! I assume that you called the police and file a report. How can I help you? What legal information can I provide for you?

what can i do to file charges

Hello again.

A crime victim does not file charges. A prosecutor files charges. The best way for a victim to be sure that charges are filed is to cooperate with the police and prosecutor as much as possible. So, I would file a report with the police, let them examine anything that they consider evidence, provide any names or other identifying information about the assailants, etc. If there is enough evidence to identify the criminals, then the police will likely take the case to the prosecutor and recommend that charges be filed. The prosecutor files the charges, and then prosecutes the criminals in court. You'd need to make yourself available as a witness.

Is that the type of information you were looking for?
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney