How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12209
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

please help me, as i need a lawyer. People came to my home

Customer Question

please help me, as i need a lawyer. People came to my home at night and robbed me, aggravated assault, armed robbery, kidnapping, thief, criminal damage. the people were not caught and i ran away afraid they would come back. and i would like to bring them to justice for what they did.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is TJ, and I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened! I assume that you called the police and file a report. How can I help you? What legal information can I provide for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what can i do to file charges

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello again.

A crime victim does not file charges. A prosecutor files charges. The best way for a victim to be sure that charges are filed is to cooperate with the police and prosecutor as much as possible. So, I would file a report with the police, let them examine anything that they consider evidence, provide any names or other identifying information about the assailants, etc. If there is enough evidence to identify the criminals, then the police will likely take the case to the prosecutor and recommend that charges be filed. The prosecutor files the charges, and then prosecutes the criminals in court. You'd need to make yourself available as a witness.

Is that the type of information you were looking for?