How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a case for Adultery in the Philippines court

This answer was rated:

How do I file a case for Adultery in the Philippines court system on my Filipino wife from the USA? My wife has a USA green card and living in the Philippines and I am in USA.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

You would need to contact the Office of the Prosecutor to file the criminal complaint. You would contact the office where the offense occurred. You personally would have to swear to the complaint, so there would be the need to notarize your sworn statement in making the complaint.

If you do a web search for Office of the Prosecutor and the city their contact information should come up so that you can proceed with your complaint.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


The affair is occurring in Makati City, Philippines. If I have to personally swear to the offense that means I need to fly to the Philippines. I will ask my brother-in-law to visit a local police station to inquire.


Thank you,



No, you can swear before a notary in the United States. You would not need to travel the Philipines initially to file the complaint, though you would have to eventually in order to testify for the prosecution.

The information for the Office of the Prosecutor in Makati City is as follows:

16th Floor, Makati City Hall, J.P. Rizal St. Makati City

Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNNloc. 1526, 1528
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Hello Nate,


I found the following website and see a general purpose email address ([email protected]);


How / Where do I file the complaint?


Do I just send an email to the address above or is there a more formal process to file a complaint?


It is a more formal process. If you call the office with the information I provided they can provide the necessary forms and instructions.
Nate and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Hello Nate,


I determined I do not have valid proof of Adultery in the Philippines (photo of sex with her bf or a baby).


Thank you for your help,