How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok in 2000 my ex wife and I at the time lived in Mississippi

This answer was rated:

Ok in 2000 my ex wife and I at the time lived in Mississippi together, we had an altercation which we both were charged with a domestic simple assault. No jail time just classes and both misdemeanors. Now over 13 years later we both remarried. I haven't had any other interactions with the authorities of any kind and live in Oregon.And wonder will I be able to own a fire arm for my home protection
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, under the federal law, any person ever convicted of any crime of domestic violence is permanently banned from possession or ownership of any firearms and the only way to get this firearm ban removed is for you to file a petition for a full governor's pardon in Mississippi where you were convicted of this crime of domestic violence and if a full pardon granted, then your firearms rights will be restored.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you