How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28036
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A man I have been seeing has pictures of me smoking pot after

This answer was rated:

A man I have been seeing has pictures of me smoking pot after he had put something in a drink he made me so I wouldn't even remember it. He knows I am an RN and is now threatening to have me fired and lose my license because I do not want to be in a relationship with him. He has an extensive criminal history including extortion charges in Iowa, criminal sexual conduct 3rd degree in Minnesota, and fraud and credit card misuse. He only sent a few messages asking me to call, saying he was going to have fun since I was not answering, then saying he did something horrible. All other communication was over the phone in a conversation. He told me I told you you would be mine by any means-I play dirty. He admitted to baking marijuana in brownies we ate before drinking as well and that he put a little
'mind/body relaxer' in my drink at the hotel. I don't remember smoking anything but he has pictures and I know I will lose my job and license if this is true and he notifies my work.
I was told to report him for extortion but will I then get charged too because he has pics of me smoking illegal drugs?
Is there anything I can do to protect myself as far as my nursing license and job/career?
He says if I don't agree to be his and move my son (who has lots of medical issues) and myself (type I diabetic) to South Dakota with him. He was in Ohio with me when he did this drugging and setting me up and I live in Ohio.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. No, you will not be charged as your actions were involuntary. As you stated above, you were drugged and consumed the marijuana and whatever else he gave you, without knowledge. He tricked you and took advantage. As such, it is highly unlikely the police would charge you. His actions are certainly illegal and could subject him to arrest and criminal prosecution. Moreover, if you were to file a report and inform the police of what he did, it may very well protect you if he did try and turn this over to your employer. If you were using drugs on your own accord, your employer could terminate you if it is against their policy and they test for drug use. However, in this case, you were drugged and tricked, so you could have a defense if this was found in your system. Moreover, if they actually arrest him, he wont have time to release the photos, since he will be in custody and the Judge, will likely place an order against him, preventing their release. The police could likely try and confiscate these as well.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you