Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Can i get a pardon on feloney if so where i find a lawyer that.do

this...
Can i get a pardon on feloney if so where i find a lawyer that.do this
9/27/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing information for you in this regard

The answer is yes. You may apply for a pardon "clemency" via the Florida Office of Clemency

You can use this LINK for more information and the application

There are few things to note about the process

1 - It is not something that happens overnight. It can take up to 2 years from start to finish depending on the "backlog"

2 - You can apply on your own using the application at the Link

3 - Generally, having a local attorney is not very useful only because the laws are that "everyone" who is eligible is to be considered for a clemency and so they are not supposed to give "preference" to those who can afford to have an attorney assist them. However, a local attorney can help you to fill out the paperwork - but it is going to come down to waiting in line, having an investigation into your background now and a local attorney should not be able to get you to the front of the line. But if you want to consult with a local attorney, I suggest you use the FLA Bar Association Legal Referral service and ask for a Criminal Defense attorney in your area

Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

4 - Once you are given a Pardon/Clemency your civil rights will be restored as it pertains to voting, sitting on a jury. But it will not restore your firearm rights, unless it is specifically requested and granted as full pardon. You can, however, be granted the partial pardon without the firearm restoration.

5 - Once you are granted the Pardon/Clemency you will then have to Petition the Court of Conviction to have your record expunged. It is a separate process. So even though let's say you are granted a Full Pardon, you still would not be able to purchase a firearm until the matter is expunged and the records sealed. The Pardon only provides you the "eligibilty" status to Petition the court for expungment

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law