Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

allegedly I called twice after a order of protection was served,

allegedly I called twice after a order of protection was served, although the DA cannot yet identify which calls were made after the order was served. I don't remember calling after the order was served and I don't know why the DA doesn't have the dates of the calls from the phone company. can the DA still go forward with a felony e criminal contempt and get a conviction just based on my ex-husbands word. or would a judge and jury want to see hard evidence such as the date and time stamp from phone records
Welcome back to JustAnswer.

Excellent questions that bring up both legal issues and factual ones.

"can the DA still go forward with a felony e criminal contempt and get a conviction just based on my ex-husbands word."

This is the legal question. Absolutely the DA can go forward based upon the testimony of one witness. If you or I are robbed at gunpoint and no one else around our testimony is sufficient to get it to a jury to make a determination of guilt.

"or would a judge and jury want to see hard evidence such as the date and time stamp from phone records"

This is the factual question. I think most juries would want to see phone records especially since they are easily attainable. That does not absolutely mean that they could not obtain a conviction without phone records (remember juries are basically 12 random people who have drivers licenses), but in my experience it would be difficult for the state to do so.