How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28063
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if someone is living with you and forges checks what can be

This answer was rated:

if someone is living with you and forges checks what can be done
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. Did they steal your check and sign your name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both stollen and forged

Thank you for the additional information. At this point, their actions are certainly criminal in nature and you can contact the police, file a report, have the matter investigated and hopefully they will be charged. They could face numerous felonies for their actions. Moreover, you certainly have a legal basis to evict them and/or file a restraining/protective order against them, through the court. That is certainly at your discretion, if you do not feel comfortable with them living with you. In addition, if money is missing from the account, they would have to pay restitution to you, as the victim. This is a crime against the State, with them representing your legal interest as the victim. They will do what they can to make you whole.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you