How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son was convcted of a mistaminor non complianece wiith officer

This answer was rated:

my son was convcted of a mistaminor non complianece wiith officer in sacramento his sentance was a 6 hour class he is now in hawaii can he just take the class in hawaii his lawyer I paid 1500 to will not try to handle can i go back and ask the judge so he does not have to fly back
Welcome to JustAnswer. What kind of class was he ordered to attend?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

a 6 hour anger managment class

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
1 just waited 20 minutes and this page came up can i ge a answer to my question from anouter attorney
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will now be assisting you today.

Often times an equivalent class can be approved in another state to meet the California requirements.

I suggest you call his probation officer (if he has one) and ask about doing so. If he was not assigned one, which is possible based on what you have described, he needs to contact the judge's chambers directly and speak to one of judge's assistants, explaining the situation. In most cases they will help approve an equivalent class where he lives.

It is also worth checking to see if there is an equivalent online class he can take in California. That would be the ideal solution.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i understand you would think his lawyer could handle this but he acts as he does not care anymore how can i fin the juge and ifo on case


You need to call the court clerk's office and give them your son's case number XXXXX name and date of birth. They can tell you what judge was assigned to the case and the number to his assistant.

Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience: Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Nate and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you