How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28002
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on an extended vacation out of state. I was just notified

This answer was rated:

I am on an extended vacation out of state. I was just notified that an arrest warrant for a class A felony has been issued for me. If I stay and finish my vacation (6 months) will there be legal repercussion for do so?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Why was the warrant issued in the first place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is for forcible sodomy. Age related. I am 19 and she was 15.

Thank you for the additional information. There will not likely be any legal repercussions, if you stay and finish your vacation. The warrant for your arrest has been issued, so it is at your sole discretion to turn yourself in. If you remain out of State and are ever stopped by the police or have a police encounter, they will run your name in the system and if the warrant comes up, take you into custody. They will likely hold you and you will be extradited and have to remain in custody until this happens. If you return to your home State after six months, you can then decide to turn yourself in or retain an attorney who could try and file a motion with the court, to life the warrant and allow you to appear in person, for a possible bond to be set on you, to secure your appearance. The problem is that if the court sees that you have known about this for six months and failed to turn yourself in, that you may be a flight risk and may issue a no bond hold, if they have concerns and based upon the severity of the charge.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you