How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband was court ordered to wear a SCRAM ankle monitor

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband was court ordered to wear a SCRAM ankle monitor (in family court). The judge ordered him to go to the adult probation department to obtain the monitor. My ex-husband's wife is an adult probation officer. Apparently, she has told him to not go to the probation department to get the monitor. Can she be reprimanded for obstruction or interfering with a court order?


My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

Most times, Judge's do not know where a person should report to to get something done.

The only way it would be obstruction of justice is if the wife is deliberately trying to make your ex violate the Court Order.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is deliberately telling him to not go to the exact place the Judge ordered him to go to get the monitor.

I followed up with a phone call to the probation dept. and I was told that is where he should go to get the monitor.

Well, that is where he should go. And if you want to file a statement of charges against her with your local magistrate, then go do that.
Samuel II and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you