How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do to stop this sherrif dept employees from telling

This answer was rated:

What can I do to stop this sherrif dept employees from telling everyone about a juvenile arrest?

My son got arrested for an illegal knife. It wasn't his. The magristate released him with no probable cause. He had just turned 17. While he was 16 he had went into an abandoned house. During a 2-3 week period, someone else trashed the house. They only found my son's prints there. The police detective has us come to the station, he got finger printed, photographed and went home. He said it was a felony burglary of habitat. It's in juvenile court.

My neighbors are a Sgt. at jail and deputy for the county. Their son posted on someone else's Facebook about how they told him all about this new arrest. The 19 year old is now telling everyone the information that law enforcement's eyes should only see because It's juvenile. What action can I take?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the police have disclosed information about a juvenile arrest that is confidential under Texas law, then you can file suit against the officer who disclosed it for breach of the duty of confidentiality of those records and seek damages from him personally. You can do this in addition to filing your complaint with the department's internal affairs division. As part of your civil suit against the officer you can seek an injunction as well against his son to remove any information posted on line.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you