How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask joelaws8 Your Own Question
joelaws8, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 390
Experience:  I can answer general criminal law questions regarding specific statutes and procedure.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
joelaws8 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

At first appearance In the state of Florida can a judge over

This answer was rated:

At first appearance In the state of Florida can a judge over ride a "No Bond" set by the original judge who signed a felony warrant for Grand Theft indicating "No Bond". This has happened to me as a victim. At first appearance a $5000.00 bond was set and inquiring to the State Atty, his response was "That was only good until first appearance." What is going on here and do I have any recourse regarding this matter? I am afraid for my safety if she gets out.
Hello, my name is Joe. I am a licensed attorney and I will be helping you find the answer that you are looking for.

I am very sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough situation.


Unfortunately, we as citizens have no direct control over which cases the government chooses to prosecute, how they choose to prosecute them, or how the judge rules on certain things such as allowing bond, sentencing, evidence objections, etc.


Even though the warrant may have said "no bond," that does not bind the judge now hearing the case to allow it. Unfortunately, he has that discretion.


That being said, if you are afraid of this person, you should get a civil protective (or restraining) order against her. This will order her to stay away from you. If she fails to comply, they will throw her in jail. CLICK HERE for a very informative website that will explain these types of orders and how to go about getting one.

I hope that answers your question. If so, please positively rate my answer as this is the only way I can receive credit for my answer. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Bad service" or "Poor service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,

If you are a subscriber, please add me to your "Preferred Expert Team!"

If not, please CLICK HERE and bookmark that page or add it to your favorites to come back and ask me your next legal question!
joelaws8 and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you