Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Hello Ely? My question is again about being illegally put under

federal surveillance. Is it possible...
Hello Ely? My question is again about being illegally put under federal surveillance. Is it possible there maybe different levels or type of surveillance by different entities? What I am referring to is: one entity for brain reading and another for voice?
9/19/2013
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello friend,

Thank you for requesting me.

The answer is no. There are no different state or federal agencies that practice surveillance based on the "type" of surveillance. In other words, an agency for "physical surveillance" as opposed to "tracking internet history," etc.

So if one was being "watched," different types of surveillance may be utilized by the same agency.

It is important to note that I do not know if you are being watched or not; I am simply replying to a hypothetical scenario.

Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.

So in your paragraph, So if one was being "watched", different types of surveillance may be utilized by the same agency, leads me to believe it's possible. I was thinking perhaps the NSA was the brain reading and the FBI is the voice surveillance?

L,

While different agencies are surely capable of working together (if again, one was being watched), one agency does not "specialize" in any particular type of surveillance. For example, FBI is capable of both a warrant for internet history and physical surveillance, as is the NSA. They do not "specialize" in any one type.

The reason I was assuming it was different agencies, when I called and spoke to a person at the FBI, they said they didn't do that type (brain reading) of surveillance. But then, I guess they probably wouldn't tell someone under surveillance the truth?

L,

An agency would generally not admit an ongoing surveillance.

But at the same time, I do not believe (or know) of any state/federal agency that has the capability to read minds. Things like tap phones, internet history, physical surveillance, etc - yes. I do not know if technology to read thoughts exists yet.

Ely, Counselor at Law

It most certainly does exist. The NSA can do it. Just check out this website and you will be floored at what is happening to so many citizens "Darkside of Harassment". Well I always appreciate your honesty and help. Thanks.

My pleasure, L. I will look into this. Thank you for your gratuity as well.

Hello Ely....I ask another question around 3:17 about a JP and a Chief of Police.

Did you get the question? I really need an answer. If you answered, will you please resend or let me know if you did not receive it. Thanks, Liz

L,

Hello! I believe I answered it already! You can find it here.
Ely, Counselor at Law