How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27280
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I brought jewelry into a jeweler who took jewelry as though

This answer was rated:

I brought jewelry into a jeweler who took jewelry as though they were going to sell it but never gave me any paper work and as I dealt with this person before and never got paper work and being I knew him 56 years as he was a friend I never expected this time he would steal it and never give me the money or the jewelry back. I went through a lot and he knew it. I only have proof I was there as I drove in from one state to another to see him and it was only to sell gold and nothing else. I don't know how I can prove he took the jewelery, I do have finger prints on the bag he took it from and of course would love to have a poly graph done but don't know if I can have him do it. What can I do??? I was right there and saw the items and thought he put it back in the bag but instead he kept them.  I drove from GA to N.Y. to see him as he knew I was coming and met me at his store.  He is now acting like he doesn't know anything about the pieces. 

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The first thing which you can try and do is contact the police and file a report and see if they will get involved to try and resolve this. If there is evidence to support your claim, they could be arrested and the case can be turned over to the state for prosecution. If not, then it would be a civil issue and you would have to file suit against him. If there is no physical evidence, then you would have to rely on your testimony, which is also evidence of the Judge or Jury to consider. Hopefully the demand letter will shake him up and lead to him wanting to settle and resolve this but if not, then you would need to file suit for the damages suffered.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really appreciate your help and I will pass this on to my attorney who as I said is a friend and also a corporate atty. I guess I will have to find an atty in Long Island, New York and as far as the Police I had called them but they said I needed to come in and from the state of Georgia this was just out of the question.


Thank You Again :)

You are welcome and good luck with everything. If you have not already, please remember to rate my help with 3, 4 or 5 faces, so I can get credit for my answer. Thank you.