Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

2 OF MY FRIENDS WERE IN A FIST FIGHT AND THEY BOTH HURT EACH

OTHER. ONE FRIEND STAB THE...
2 OF MY FRIENDS WERE IN A FIST FIGHT AND THEY BOTH HURT EACH OTHER. ONE FRIEND STAB THE OTHER IN THE BACK AND THE OTHER FRIEND HIT THE OTHER WITH A WEED WACKER, THEY BOTH PRESSED CHARGES AGAINST EACH OTHER. BOTH OF THEM ONLY HAVE MINIMAL SCRATCHES. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THESE TWO AT THE MAGISTRATE'S HEARING. WHAT CHILDISH BEHAVIOR!!!
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Alex J. Esq. :

In what state did this take place?

Customer:

PENNSYLVANIA

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you know the actual criminal charges these friends are facing?

Customer:

THEY WERE TOLD THAT THEY WOULD RECEIVE A LETTER FROM THE MAGISTRATE IN A WEEK. THE COPS/OFFICERS DECIDED NOT TO MAKE THE CASE ASSULT

Alex J. Esq. :

Were your friends arrested?

Customer:

NO

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, it is likely that both of your friends will be charged with some type of misdemeanor battery on each other and the actual charges would depend on what DA decides to charge your friends with and depending on how serious the charges are, they can carry from 6 months to 5 years incarceration upon conviction.

Alex J. Esq. :

Your friends should take this situation very serious and consult with local criminal defense attorneys as soon as possible.

Alex J. Esq. :

does this make sense?

Customer:

YES IT DOES

Customer:

THE COPS ACTED AS THOUGH IT WAS NO BIG DEAL THE ONE THAT WAS STABBED IT THE BACK I BELIEVE HAD A KNEE JERK REACTION BECAUSE HE WAS WACKING THE WEEDS WHEN THE OTHER FRIEND STAB HIM IN THE BACK , SO HE TOLD THE COP THAT HE WAS DEFENDING HIS SELF , WILL THAT MATTER

Alex J. Esq. :

It might. But all the facts and defenses will have to be introduced at the criminal trial. The cops always downplay the seriousness of the criminal charges.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

YES THAT MAKES GREAT SENSE

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you have any related follow up questions?

Customer:

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT THE ONE FREIND HAS MULTIPLE COMPLAINT ON THE OTHER FREIND AND THAT IS THE ONE THAT STARTED AND ALWAYS STARTS THESE FIGHTS, CAN THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE AS WELL

Alex J. Esq. :

Sure. All the facts related to this incident can be introduced at criminal trial, as long as the facts are relevant.

Alex J. Esq. :

Customer:

OK THANKS THAT IT

Customer:

YOU HAVE BEEN MOST HELPFUL

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Customer:

OK I WILL DEFINATELY GIVE BOTH THANKS AGAIN

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you and GOD bless!

Customer:

U R WELCOME

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law