Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

how would my daughter get a copy of a letter of pardon she

how would my daughter get a copy of a letter of pardon she received from louisiana
Welcome to JustAnswer.

Try calling the Louisiana Board of Pardons at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They should have a copy.

If for some reason they do not, a copy should have been sent to the court clerk in the county where her conviction was from. Assuming they received a copy, it would be maintained in her court file and available from the county court clerk's office.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i need to know if you have a pardon do you need to try and get the carge explunged (sp) fr you recorded and if so how can i get this done. I am in the state of Texas...Thank you

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, if you want the records sealed then you need to apply for an expungement. Texas statutes actually refer to this as an expunction. This would be an expungement or expunction pursuant to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 55.01(a)(1)(B)(i) which provides for an expunction for those pardoned for reasons other than actual innocence. If the pardon contained a finding of actual innocence then that would fall under 55.01(a)(1)(B)(ii).

I recommend hiring a local attorney to do this for you. It is easy to miss a step if you try to do it yourself. The petition must be filed in the district court where the person was convicted. The procedure and information required in the petition (i.e., name, case number, date of offense, etc.) is contained in 55.02 section 2. Rather than copy and past all of those things here is a link to the statute that proscribes the procedure that must be followed:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.55.htm