How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SmithEsq Your Own Question
SmithEsq, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 114
Experience:  Experienced practicing criminal lawyer ready to answer your questions regarding charges, laws, bail and more.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
SmithEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, Im 18 I got into a car wreck and I was drinking the

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 18 I got into a car wreck and I was drinking the accident wasn't my fault but because I was drinking it was no one was hurt I ended up resisting arrest and getting charged with DUI I went to the hospital for my injuries then I spent 24 hours in Oklahoma County Jail. This incandescent happen 7/24/13, Booking date 7/25/13 Release date 7/26/13. My question is how long will my license be suspended and how can I get it back with a restricted license to be able to drive back and forth to work?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon Ryan,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I need for you to confirm that you absolutely shared no fault for the accident, is this correct? The other party was 100% at fault for the accident?

2. The accident happened in OK, right?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ryan-Looks like you have a lot of questions and a serious situation you are facing. First let me introduce myself - I am a criminal defense attorney in New York City and try all kinds of cases. On this site, we are permitted to give information but we must stop short of giving advice. I think we can accomplish a lot following those rules, what do you say? Using the info you give me I will do my best to find out how long your license is expected to be suspended, what you are looking at with your criminal case - jail? money? and anything else that might come up in our discussion. I just ask you to e a little patient at times as I'm not always clued to the computer so it might take a couple hours to reply to a question you may have. Finally, please do not rate my answer until I give you one! And Rate me based on my service and quality please and not whether you were thrilled by what I had to say. THese few things I ask. With a ll that said, let's begin, shall we?

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 4 years ago.

Well I see you gave me "bad service" despite spending a lot of time with you answering your questions and offering suggestions. WHen you give a bad rating it harms the attorney professionally, personally and financially. I worked with you in good faith that you would pay for the service as I worked on each one of your SEVERAL questions. If you are unwilling to pay for the answers you get here I advise you go elsewhere. No worries though, I have reported your behavior to the category moderators here at who will ensure you are not taking advantage of people on this site. Stop drinking and driving.