How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my friend is on probation in florida for not registering for

This answer was rated:

my friend is on probation in florida for not registering for sexual offense that happened 35 or more years, as his wife at the time was having an affair with his brother and my friend was going to move out. his wife got mad at him and had him arrested with sexual contact with his daughter which did not happen! He moved to florida a few months ago and forgot to register and was in jail for 2 months. He wants to come back to maine for his probation period which is 4 years. He will be 80 years old soon he would like to come back to maine to be with his family. What can he do to serve his probation in maine?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : This can be done, but your friend will have to file a motion with the Florida court to transfer probation to the county in Maine he plans on returning to. Then, he would have to get the probation officers in that area to agree to assume the responsibility for overseeing his probation.
Kirk Adams : This is regularly done, and he should be able to get this done, but the process has to be followed as a court order is necessary to get the probation moved from one state to the other.
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you