How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1381
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in litigation with a company that travels the

This answer was rated:

I am currently in litigation with a company that travels the US and puts on teaching Seminars for physicians wanting to learn cosmetic procedures. Unfortunately the instructors are fraudulently claiming they are physicians and administering medications to the students/subjects..i was injured and have permanent scarring as a result.
My strategy is first the lawsuit, then if possible I want to press criminal charges. Is there a statue of limitations as to how long I have to make these criminal charges? I realize that a settlement may make this a mute point if I sign a non-disclosure in exchange for money, but just in case it does not go that way, is one year 2 years the limit as to how long I have to go to the police?
If the case is dragged out I don't want to lose my ability to press charges....

Thelawman2 :

This would most likely fall under a battery or assault charge. Such a charge has a statute of limitations of 1 year in California.


thank you...

Thelawman2 and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you