How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27099
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my name isXXXXX I charge my ex with

This answer was rated:

Hello, my name isXXXXX I charge my ex with Larceny for opening up my mail for the last 2 years? I have the documentation that shows a cc statement being mailed to her house with only my name on it. In addition, this account was opened up fraudulently.

Thank you.

Actually tampering with your mail is a Federal offense and you would want to report it to the US Postal Inspection Service for investigation and possible Federal prosecution. Here's the complaint form for mail tampering and theft.

Texas does not appear to have a statute in its own penal law for mail tampering. But depending upon the facts, circumstances, the nature of the mail and what was done with it, it might make out a theft offense. What you would have to do is to report this to your local police and tell them that you want her prosecuted for stealing your mail.

The DA will determine from the facts exactly what crime it makes out or if it belongs more properly in Federal court.

Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you