How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a county attorney prosecute you if they were your public

This answer was rated:

Can a county attorney prosecute you if they were your public defender 2 yrs ago? If so what steps do I take to have him dismissed from prosecuting this case..

AttyCBradford :

No that would be a conflict of interest. you will need to inform the judge that the county prosecutor on the matter was previously your counsel of record in another matter and that there is a conflict of interest and another county prosecutor needs to be appointed. Your current attorney should be able to make this motion orally to the court at the next court date

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

Customer: What is the best way to get a no contact order dropped? My husband and I own a ranch we need to work everyday together..the judge granted us phone and txt privledges but financially it is breaking me ...I need to be with my husband . We both feel the same on this subject..
Customer: How should we go about with the no contact order ? We own a ranch that is our jobs...the judge gave us phone and texts privleges
AttyCBradford :

If its a criminal proctective order you will have to go to the judge and explain why you need it dropped those are harder to have dropped then if it were a domestic violence restraining order that you filed

Customer: It is a domestic violence no contact order
AttyCBradford :

then whoever filed the DV restraining order can go to court and ask for it to be terminated

Customer: In Idaho the state automatically files the no contact order .... I have filed once in district court the judge gave us telephone and texting ..but my husband is not allowed to live in our house plus we own a ranch we work everyday together and now he can't even see me let alone work the ranch... It is putting financial stress on us...and the next judge will be the felony court judge I want to be prepared with a nicely written statement on why they should terminate this no contact you know of any written ones that can help me out?
AttyCBradford :

The best would be to just write it out in a letter format explaining all the bullet points, I would bring proof that it is a financial burden on you showing how and why you need him there. Also explain why you don't believe the no contact order is needed

AttyCBradford and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions