How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27482
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know someone who was arrested in New York State a few months

This answer was rated:

I know someone who was arrested in New York State a few months ago, because he failed to show for a hearing on a DUI charge. I hear that he could not make bail, and is in a jail in upstate New York, though I do not know which county. I am trying to locate him, and get information about the charges against him, where he is being held, and what the bail is. Can you tell me how I can do this?
Hi Jacustomer,

The NYS Department of Corrections has an Inmate Locator. You should be able to look your friend up here if he's in the state system. You can use it with just a name, but the more information you know, the better the chance of finding the right person.

Good luck!
Zoey_ JD and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you