Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I know someone who was arrested in New York State a few months

I know someone who was arrested in New York State a few months ago, because he failed to show for a hearing on a DUI charge. I hear that he could not make bail, and is in a jail in upstate New York, though I do not know which county. I am trying to locate him, and get information about the charges against him, where he is being held, and what the bail is. Can you tell me how I can do this?
Hi Jacustomer,

The NYS Department of Corrections has an Inmate Locator. You should be able to look your friend up here if he's in the state system. You can use it with just a name, but the more information you know, the better the chance of finding the right person.

Good luck!