How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118254
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have a case against my neighbor for harassment. They have

This answer was rated:

Do I have a case against my neighbor for harassment. They have been calling the cops for noise disturbances for years but there have never been any arrest of tickets. They lie to the cops to get them to harass us. I caught them scratching my car, stilling my camera and looking over the fence. One of the neighbors might have a prior arrest as a sex offender and I have a photo of kids at their home can I get a restraining order? Do I have a case for a civil law suit?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you have proof of them scratching your car and stealing your cameras, then these are sufficient to call the police and pursue criminal charges against them as well as filing a civil suit against them. Also, if you have evidence they are making false complaints, this would also be part of your suit for harassment.

You need to check on the sex offender issue and those violations need to be reported to the police, you cannot get a restraining order for that, as that issue is for the police to deal with.

These are your legal recourses.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you