How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested for COC for not turning in an accounting by

This answer was rated:

I was arrested for COC for not turning in an accounting by a certain date. I could not do it. I gave it to attorney and accountant to do, they did not get it done so judge sent me to jail, it took one week before attorney turned over the paperwork to get out on purge order. Now I have a mugshot all over the internet, and a record of arrest. I applied for a job as insurance adjuster and was denied because of the arrest. Is there anyway I can get that record removed??? I believe I was wrongfully incarcerated because I did not 'willfully' disobey a court order, as I did not have possession of what I was supposed to turn in. Do I have any recourse?
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Q) Is there anyway I can get that record removed?

You need to have the record of your arrest sealed and/or expunged. Once a record is sealed, it is no longer a "public" record, although law enforcement has access to it. Thus, your prospective employer will not see that you were arrested or incarcerated. When a record is expunged, law enforcement is notified that you have a sealed record, but they cannot access it without a court order.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has an excellent summary on enpungement. That's the place to start. You might retain an attorney as well. If you do not know one in your area, try the Florida State Bar attorney referral serbice. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional fee.

Take care,
S. Huband, Esq. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello again,

I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively, and I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely hope the matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Please ask for me in the future if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you very much for the opportunity to assist you.

Take care,

Related Criminal Law Questions