How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33761
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No hurry. I would like your opinion about and suggestions

This answer was rated:

No hurry.

I would like your opinion about and suggestions about this Federal Civil APPEAL brief.

Primarily - Do you think there are sufficient facts to state a claim ?

And, should I continue to seek to add more to this brief ?

Link to brief is here :

No hurry. Thanks

JD 1992 :

I am out of town with a spotty internet connection but will take a look at it late tomorrow. I'm going to switch it to a Q and A so if you don't mind reply to this so it stays in my queue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, thanks.


First, try never to cite to Black's Law Dictionary. It is not recognized by anyone as authority other than people representing themselves. Look for some case, somewhere that has the language you need or language close to what you need and then you can use Black's as a backup source.

On page 4 look for language specific cases (federal and VA) that address the right to bail.

On p. 5 get cases to support your statement that:
"Rule 12(b)(6) does not countenance dismissals based on a
judge's disbelief of a complaint's factual allegations."

If that statement is from a case make sure that is apparent in the pleading because it is not at this time.

Those are the only things I see that might be an issue.
Dwayne B. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you