How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer entered false information on my DDS application in

This answer was rated:

My lawyer entered false information on my DDS application in 2008 that I was a citizen. I have a work permit. He has since been arrested and deported. Should I go to the DDS and show them the error or get another lawyer to clear this?

I suggest you can go and show them the error without any ramifications. Just state that your attorney who is now deported got it wrong.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok because I have been reading that it is a serious felony to claim US citizenship to obtain state documents. And this went on for a while over a couple of years: Every time I went in for renewal, he would fill out the information and have me sign the form and go present it. It just came to my attention now that the DDS needs fully verifiable legal documents establishing residence and I am just a refugee.


Right and tell them you just now noticed it and you only did what your attorney told you to do

You are not trying to intentionally defraud anyone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.

I will be there tomorrow morning


You're welcome and good luck
Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions