Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Howdo I seek anasolute pardon of afelony tha t is already

Howdo I seek anasolute pardon...
Howdo I seek anasolute pardon of afelony tha
t is already exspunge
9/5/2013
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello Jacustomer,

Pardons are for defendants who are ineligible for an expungement or sealing. Your case has already been expunged and is legally a nullity (doesn't exist). You have the right to deny that you were ever convicted of your charge.

You can't pardon an offense that no longer exists. It's a legal impossibility.

Pardons are free and don't require a lawyer. You can read more about it here and it will tell you how to get the application. But you're not eligible for a pardon having gotten something much better than a pardon in the first place.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing further legally you can do now.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD