How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

24 years ago i was arrested for a D.U.I. in Austin leaving

This answer was rated:

24 years ago i was arrested for a D.U.I. in Austin leaving the Farm Aid concert. The case resulted in a $1400.00 penelty. I made payments up to $400. Is there a statue of limitation on these monies therr an outstanding warrant? ? If yes in what states? I'm from Chgo il. N.T.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

If you failed to make a fine ordered in a criminal case, there is no statute of limitations and if the criminal DUI case was in Texas, the arrest warrant would be issued by the criminal court in Texas, however you can be arrested and detained pending extradition to Texas anythere is the USA.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the 2nd part of my question was can a person im pressing charges agaimst for battery, can his attourny bring it up in court although im the victm here.

Dear Norma,

Thank you for your follow up.

If the police discovers that there is an active warrant for your arrest by conducting a warrant check on you, then you can be detained and extradited to Texas.

Also, defense attorney can bring this to the attention of the police and court and the police might detain you, pending an extradition to Texas.

So it would be a good idea to contact criminal court in Texas and to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you