Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

if convicted and sentenced to 40 years without parole could these terms be changed? if so

how? is there some application...
if convicted and sentenced to 40 years without parole could these terms be changed? if so how? is there some application to fill out?
9/5/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

yes

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please tell me if this inmate has exhausted all appeals?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

or not sure

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, in this case the only option would be for the inmate to file a Petition for Clemency / Pardon from the LA Governor.

Alex J. Esq. :

Here is the link to the applicationL:

Alex J. Esq. :

http://www.recordgone.com/pardons/Louisiana-Pardon-Application.pdf

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

i was asked about act 2045 what is that?

Alex J. Esq. :

I am not sure

Alex J. Esq. :

It doesn't appear to be a LA law.

Customer:

ok what you offer make sense i'll look that up.

Alex J. Esq. :

Unfortunately, that might be the only option that this inmate has.

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please tell me if you have any related follow up questions?

Customer:

once convicted and sentence without parlor the only options are a pardon from governor? what ground what you suggest?

Alex J. Esq. :

Correct.

Alex J. Esq. :

Basically, it would be a good idea to hire a post conviction relief attorney to help prepare the application.

Customer:

ok thanks

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Customer:

you did a great job answering my question, your answers were very helpful.

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you for your kind words.

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you see an option to accept and rate my answer?

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law