How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Mary - you had answered a question recently for me regarding

Customer Question

Hi Mary - you had answered a question recently for me regarding requesting court receivership in a Co-op case. I wanted to know if I can request monetary damages in addition to requesting a receiver. I have recently had the chance to look at a few such civil cases regarding corporations.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent Mary a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Legalease replied 4 years ago.

Hello there


This is Mary. I am so sorry that it took so long to get back to you but I was on vacation through the holiday weekend and just returned home last night. I was not online during that time period. So, I went back and reviewed our previous session to see that I receommend that you file a motion for an injunction (to stop the HOA from continuing to sell properties while these matters are heard by the court). In addition to an injunction you CAN seek monetary damages but the damages that you request must be as reimbursement for monies that you have lost or expenses that you have paid out to bring the situation to light to the other owners. You can also pursue them for legal fees and costs but it depends upon the court finding of particular egregiousness in this matter before legal fees and costs would be awarded to you.


Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press the #rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just ANswer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU