Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

i just got 2nd dui, with crash and a bac. of .155. can i still

i just got 2nd dui, with crash and a bac. of .155. can i still get the OLL?

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

No, an OLL is only available for a first DUI. If you get a second one then the OLL won't be granted or, if granted, it will be revoked.

Customer:

What can i do to lessin the 1 year suspension?

JD 1992 :

There isn't much you can do with a second DUI and a BAC of .155. You can hire a lawyer to contest it at the suspension hearing but your chances are pretty low.

JD 1992 :

Most officials take the position that a 12 months suspension is mandatory if you are convicted.

JD 1992 :

Of course, if you aren't convicted it's a different matter.

Customer:

ok. Thank you thats all that i wanted to know

JD 1992 :

You're welcome. I wish I had better news but this is an area that the politicians keep making stricter because of the lobbying groups.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.