How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A woman has been making graphically explicit death threats

Customer Question

A woman has been making graphically explicit death threats to me, and now my 15 month old nephew. She entered my home when she thought I was gone. What kind of lawyer should I look for?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is Tina and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am very sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Why has your fiancee' wanted to prevent you from reporting this activity to the police? Do you know the woman's name?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is his ex girlfriend and she already tried to kill him twice, once totaling his car. He also was in the system as a kid and it's his "code" to never trust the police. Her name is Christina French.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was not given an answer. I waited the given 30 minutes, and all I want is to know what kind of lawyer to get/ legal action to take for my $45.
Expert:  Nate replied 3 years ago.
My name is Nate. I have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Your question got recategorized. That is why there was a delay. I will continue to assist you.

You will want to get a restraining order against her in a situation like this. A family lawyer or a criminal defense lawyer will be able to assist you in doing that, as restraining orders tend to overlap in both areas.

If you do not have a lawyer to contact with those specialties, Florida's bar association can help and provide referrals. You can check on that here

or give them a call at (800) 342-8011.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.


Related Criminal Law Questions