Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How long do I have to appeal a Bristol city court conviction

Customer Question
for public intoxication...
How long do I have to appeal a Bristol city court conviction for public intoxication
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/3/2013
Criminal Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 4 years ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good morning Paul,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under TN law, the time for appeal from a criminal conviction is 30 days after entry of the judgment, and is set forth as follows:

(a) Generally. In an appeal as of right to the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals or Court of Criminal Appeals, the notice of appeal required by Rule 3 shall be filed with and received by the clerk of the trial court within 30 days after the date of entry of the judgment appealed from; however, in all criminal cases the “notice of appeal”document is not jurisdictional and the filing of such document may be waived in the interest of justice. The appropriate appellate court shall be the court that determines whether such a waiver is in the interest of justice. Any party may serve notice of entry of an appealable judgment in the manner provided in Rule 20 for the service of papers.

http://www.tncourts.gov/rules/rules-appellate-procedure/4

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

Doug

LawTalk, Lawyer