Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

After being shoved and then pushed from a grown women in the

locker room at a golf...
After being shoved and then pushed from a grown women in the locker room at a golf course...what charges can I file? I have already reported to State Police for criminal charges. The locker room was packed and three witness that I knew of for sure.
9/3/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please let me know what took place at the golf course that lead to this assault and also did you suffer any injury as a result of this attack?

Customer:

I was standing at a board with my back to the room to post a score on the board. She came behind me and shoved into me with her shoulder and I turned around and told her to never touch me again and she then pushed me with both of her hands. I did all I could not to push back...but did not and told her I would have her arrested. Totally shocked as to what happen and very upset.

Customer:

No Injury, just emotional and very embarrassed to be involved in such a scene. Oh her words to me were "What's your Problem" and the pushed me

Alex J. Esq. :

Why do you think this woman did this?

Customer:

First of all she worked for my company and was fired because she physically and mentally bullied over 15 employees...our business suffered severly

Customer:

She has tried before to get her hands on me, but I have avoided her and never tried to be within her reach, our pro and club has tried to keep her away also...she has been suspended from the course for her actions

Alex J. Esq. :

Thanks for the information.

Alex J. Esq. :

When police arrived, was this woman present?

Customer:

No. They came to my residence when I arrived back home. One of the witnesses had reported the incident to the club.

Alex J. Esq. :

Who called the police?

Customer:

One of my witnesses

Alex J. Esq. :

okay.

Alex J. Esq. :

Did police arrive at the country club?

Customer:

NO

Customer:

sorry, no

Alex J. Esq. :

So your witness, called 911 and told police to come to your house?

Customer:

Actually she called and said we wanted to file charges, and no we called State Police barracks and they arrived at residence

Alex J. Esq. :

So it was the woman who called 911?

Customer:

I was not sure what to do and my friends husband is a judge and he said file charges immediately

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, when police arrived at your house, did they take a report from you?

Alex J. Esq. :

Did they state what they are going to do?

Customer:

Yes, and they also took statements from witnesses. He said there was enough to file harrassment charges. One of the witness names I gave avoided the state police and went on vacation. She just arrived back and they took her statement.

Alex J. Esq. :

great.

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, I would agree with your friend, that you can contact state police and inform them that you would like to file harassment and simple assault and battery charge against this woman.

Customer:

Today, I spoke with officer and he said he was taking her statement and then taking to judge to get arrest warrant. This last witness was her partner...so not so sure if she will be so truthful....but?

Alex J. Esq. :

Also it would be a good idea, once the charges are filed, for you to seek a restraining order against this woman.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Yes, I have also requested a restraining order.

Customer:

Thank goodness that the club has suspended her and waiting for the protection order to be in place. She is a very unstable person and I am surprised this has not happened sooner.

Customer:

Are there any Civil charges I can file?

Alex J. Esq. :

Not really.

Alex J. Esq. :

I think you are referring to civil claim?

Alex J. Esq. :

You would have to show actual damages.

Alex J. Esq. :

Like, if you were injured in the altercation, then you might have been able to pursue a civil lawsuit against this lady.

Customer:

So, through the business I should file civil charges...

Alex J. Esq. :

There is no such thing as "civil charges".

Alex J. Esq. :

If this lady has caused some type of damages to your business, then you might have a civil claim against her for damages, but you have not told me anything about that.

Customer:

Yes, she really did and I was not going to file a a claim against her...but after this episode..we have a huge case against her with over 2 million in lost business. But, that is a different story. I was just curious as to what I can do to make her rethink....her bullying behavior with people.

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, you might as well pursue your civil claim against her as well, since she is determined to be a trouble maker...might as well teach her a lesson!

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Does what make sense? Not showing up in window?

Alex J. Esq. :

Alex J. Esq. :

That was the sentence you might be missing.

Customer:

Yes, we will be pursuing. Thank you. I just don't want to be subject to this behavior nor my family and friends.

Alex J. Esq. :

Absolutely. You should not tolerate this type of illegal and bullying behavior by anyone!

Customer:

I agree and I am sorry this had to happen..it really it sad and it was sad for all my employees.

Alex J. Esq. :

Also, if this woman does show up at your place of business or residence, you should call 911 immediately to document any harassment attempts

Customer:

Thank you for your advice...I will be going full force ahead to teach her a lesson. I will do that for sure. She should be arrested tomorrow and then I will get my protection order....hopefully.

Alex J. Esq. :

Yes. Once she is arrested, you should be able to obtain a temporary order of protection and then apply for a permanent restraining order.

Customer:

How do I apply for a permanent restraining order?

Alex J. Esq. :

You would ask the criminal court to issue a permanent order of protection against this woman, once the case gets under way.

Customer:

Ok. Thank you so much, I did not know I could do that...that would help to keep her away. Thank you again.

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law