How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I got booked on a dui charge over a year ago when i was

This answer was rated:

Hello I got booked on a dui charge over a year ago when i was convicted of the charge the lady at the court had wrong drivers license on conviction/suspension form that they sent do body caught the mistake untill now how long does the court have to convict you of a crime after you have been booked for it
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

You mention that you were already convicted on the charge. Are you referring to how long the court has to carry out the punishment with the license?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

went to trial and was convicted but they never convicted me they put wrong license number on their conviction/suspension form that dmv gets.

dmv still has a suspension on my license because i never went to alchol

treatment classes




I have defended dozens of people accused and convicted of DUI. What you have described does happen on occasion.

You were convicted. What you are describing is an error in carrying out the sentence, which does happen on occasion. The error in attaching the suspension to the wrong driver license number does not mean you get to escape the suspension period. It just means it was delayed. There is no timetable within which that correction must be made, but it has been made, which means you will still have to deal with the license suspension.

You still have to fulfill the terms of your sentence. The right thing to do now is to go ahead and do the alcohol treatment classes and whatever else is required by the court to get your license back. Though inconvenient due to the clerk's mistake on the form sent to the DMV, the punishment for the DUI is simply delayed, not erased.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.


Nate and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you