Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
Hello, Question My husband who is serving 45 yrs. was
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Hello, Question: My husband who is serving 45 yrs. was granted a 8yrs to be taken off of his sentence via the appeals court, (Habeus). The CDCR is only allowing 4yrs credit. How can he show the CDCR t… read more
Hi, here is my wuestion, my husband was sentenced to 8 yrs
shurmust
shurmust, Doctoral Degree
Hi, here is my wuestion, my husband was sentenced to 8 yrs for a meth charge in Texas, he has served 16 months. No violence or prior criminal history, totally clean record. Does he have to apply for t… read more
In the Commonwealth of Virginia, has any inmate sentenced in
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
In the Commonwealth of Virginia, has any inmate sentenced in one jurisdiction been committed to serve sentence in another jurisdiction in the state? If so, what code section makes provision for this? … read more
If a person is sentenced to serve 4 to 8 years of state prison
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
If a person is sentenced to serve 4 to 8 years of state prison time, how much of that time does person have to serve?… read more
If I was sentenced to prison and the jurisdiction I was
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
If I was sentenced to prison and the jurisdiction I was sentenced in does not have a prison for woman. Am I allowed to go back before my sentencing Judge for a suspended sentence? … read more
Does Louisiana have a law that says if you are sentenced for
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
Does Louisiana have a law that says if you are sentenced for a felony and the court does not advise you that this could later be used in an habitual offender charge, can this case be used?… read more
my 17 yr old daughter has been on felony probation since 04/2007,
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
my 17 yr old daughter has been on felony probation since 04/2007, her sentence was 8 years..8 months for residential burlaries. she finished all her classes for probation, finished 80 hrs of community… read more
Does a person convicted of a felony and sentenced to 5 years
Loren, criminal lawyer
Does a person convicted of a felony and sentenced to 5 years have a right to see and read his Pre Sentencing Investigation report. If so, how does he go about obtaining a copy of it?… read more
How does one find out if a judge lost jurisdiction,
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
How does one find out if a judge lost jurisdiction … read more
In the state of Virginia, once a person has been sentenced,
Ely, Counselor at Law
In the state of Virginia, once a person has been sentenced, is there a law stating they must be moved to The Dept of Corrections? If so in what time frame must they be moved?… read more
what is a likely Florida sentence for a person who does not
LawHelpNow
what is a likely Florida sentence for a person who does not have an arrest record but has been charged with armed burglary with a firearm and shooting into a dwelling? (his friend committed the actual… read more
My husband receved an 18 month state jail sentence. can he
Ely, Counselor at Law
My husband receved an 18 month state jail sentence. can he have "good time" taken off that sentence?… read more
I have a 19 yr. mentally retarded child taken off specialed
Sam, Attorney
I have a 19 yr. mentally retarded child taken off specialed school bus without my knowledge or school knowledge. I do have power of attorney for him. He has what in laymans terms is considered a half … read more
If an inmate is being held longer than the sentence in his
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
If an inmate is being held longer than the sentence in his sentencing transcripts, how does a person go about getting a writ of habeous corpus written to get the superior court to look at this matter?… read more
if a lawyer walk out on his defendant and the judge sentence
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
if a lawyer walk out on his defendant and the judge sentence that person anyway does that sentence still count… read more
yes my question is this My brother has been incarcerated for
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
yes my question is this:My brother has been incarcerated for 24 yrs. his sentences was 2nd degree with chance of parole,18yr.23yrs old he was diagnosed with arthritis all through his body,air lifted f… read more
In the state of LA when a judge sentences a person to lets
Sam, Attorney
In the state of LA when a judge sentences a person to lets say 3 yrs. without the possibility of parole. Will that person have to do the whole 3 yrs., or will they be under DOC and get 2 for 1 time an… read more
my boyfriend was sentenced many yrs for money laundering and
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
my boyfriend was sentenced many yrs for money laundering and since thedenial of his appeal he has since been in contact with someone from the freedom foundation, they are telling him they can get his … read more