How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20232
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a conviction for Reckless Driving pled down from DUI 20 years ago. I realized drink

This answer was rated:

I have a conviction for Reckless Driving pled down from DUI 20 years ago. I realized drinking wasn't for me and gave it up and have since served as a Paramedic and Lieutenant with Nashville Office of Emergency Management, (17 years). I have received several commendations including one from the agency that gave me the charge. Is there any way to expunge this conviction? I have relocated from Nashville to Franklin Tennessee and would like to clear the record if possible.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, your reckless driving conviction can be expunged. You can read more about the process by going to:

If you need assistance with the process, then you can contact a local criminal defense attorney who handles post-conviction issues, and they can assist you.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick follow up. On the site it states,

"Only certain crimes are eligible for expunction; they must be non-violent, non-DUI and non-sexual crimes. Crimes eligible are most misdemeanors and some Class E felonies, including forgery, theft, vandalism, and fraudulent or false insurance claim, among others."


Does it matter that the Reckless conviction resulted from a DUI charge?


Thank you!

If you go further and click on the non-eligible crimes you will see that reckless driving is not listed. Therefore, although the original charge was a DUI, the actual conviction was for Reckless Driving and that is the "conviction" you are asking to be expunged. So, it should not matter what the original charge was.
Marsha411JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you