How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Charged with violation of Town of East Hampton ordinance 82-6

This answer was rated:

Charged with violation of Town of East Hampton ordinance 82-6 "public urination prohibited" Can pay fine or challenge in court. Is this violation a misdemeanor? Does it create a criminal record?
Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Since you are given the option of paying the fine or challenging in court - this is a "summary offense" (not a misdemeanor) like a parking ticket and will not show on your criminal record.

§ 82-6. Public urination prohibited.

[Added 7-7-2007 by L.L. No. 29-2007]
No person shall urinate in any public place or in public view, other than in a urinal or toilet, within the Town of East Hampton, outside incorporated villages.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I work in finance. I have to certify as to whether or not I've ever been charged with a criminal violation. Can I certify that I have not?
Yes. It's a summary offense which is nothing more than a traffic ticket.

This will not show up on your criminal record if searched or checked - like a parking ticket doesn't show (if you pay the fine).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. You have relieved my mind. Guess I should be more careful in the use of that verb.
I think most guys have been exactly in your same position. However, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Law Pro and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you