How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20299
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1980 I was convicted for aiding and abetting unarmed robbery

This answer was rated:

In 1980 I was convicted for aiding and abetting unarmed robbery in WV. Can this be expunged?

Thank you for your question. Can you tell me if you were convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor? Also, how old were you when convicted? Once you respond, it might take me a few minutes to gather all of the information to provide to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Felony indictment no CR-80-F-267. I was 17 at time of indictment but plea bargained as adult.

Hello again and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately a felony conviction cannot be expunged in WV unless the petitioner has first receives a full and unconditional pardon from the Governor. You can see the basic expungement statute, which also allows or expungement of certain misdemeanors at:
The statute that contains the ability to have a felony expunged after a full and unconditional pardon can be found at:
Finally, to find out more about the pardon process, you will want to go to:

If you decide to pursue a pardon, and then subsequent expungement, you will most definitely want to enlist the assistance of a local criminal defense attorney who has a post-conviction practice to help you put together the best petition possible for your pardon application, etc.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions