How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118209
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently on probation as a result of an SIS felony drug

This answer was rated:

I'm currently on probation as a result of an SIS felony drug from Phelps County, Missouri. Will this likely prevent me from obtaining a 3rd class medical certificate as I try to get a Private Pilot's License? If the question is have I had a "history of nontraffic conviction(s) (misdemeanors of felonies)," should I answer "Yes" while I'm on probation, but "No" once I complete probation for the SIS felony (at which time I understand it is removed from my record other than for the purposes of court records for future convictions)?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You are correct in your understanding that while you are on SIS you must answer yes about convictions. After you are released from the probation as long as the application does not ask about deferred adjudications, you can then answer no. The conviction will not prevent you from getting the medical certificate though, that would be independent of your conviction for the drug charge.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you