How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with domestic violence 3rd degree in Alabama

This answer was rated:

I was charged with domestic violence 3rd degree in Alabama Feb. 2013. The charges were brought about by an angry girlfriend in whom I was breaking up with. The charge was dismissed by a judge at a bench trial. I would like to have the charges expunged. since a judge dismissed the case can this be done so that I can find gainful employment once again?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

I do not ever like being the bearer of bad news, but Alabama is one of the only states where dismissed charges cannot be expunged.

That said, there is a growing movement to change that in this year's legislative session

I suggest you contact the chief sponsor of the bill Rep. Christopher England, D-Tuscaloosa, at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Let his office know you'd be willing to work on behalf of the bill to build support. If the law changes you will be able to get this expunged from your record.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions