How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned someone $350 paid a court cost of $72 cost now is

This answer was rated:

I loaned someone $350 paid a court cost of $72 cost now is $22 . The court said they tried to mail him the docs and couldn't get it delivered. I know he lives in Manchester NH and has a run in with DCYF. My friend loaned him $700. Is there anything we can do to get him to pay. I know he is working in Manchester but don't know where.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order for you to take any legal action against him, which would be to sue him in small claims court, you would have to find out where he lives or where he works because you have to be able to serve him with the suit and summons to get him into court.

Legally, that is the only thing you can do to get him to pay if he is not paying you voluntarily. Thus, you need to find out somehow where he lives or works so you and your friend can both sue him to recover the money. DCYF will not release that information to you I am afraid, so you will have to do some digging through friends and acquaintances.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you