Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

In CT if you violate a Restraining Order it is a Criminal Offense. What

In CT if you violate a Restraining Order it is a Criminal Offense.

What then happens when the author of the Restraining Order is instructed both verbally and in the Order to comply with the conditions of the Order or be subject to the punishment of the Order.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you again.

If the person who obtained the restraining order is not complying with the terms, then this is grounds for the court to vacate the order. If the person that the restraining order is against violates the order, then they would be jailed for contempt of that court order.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.