Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Since the Governor is not accepting pardon applications at

this time you mentioned trying...
Since the Governor is not accepting pardon applications at this time you mentioned trying for a Presidential pardon. Although I'm sure there are nearly impossible to get it would be worth at least trying. The problem is that I read that you can only apply for a pardon for a Federal offense. The conviction is a State offense but I wondered since it would be for immigration purposes would that allow it to be considered a Federal conviction?
8/23/2013
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Unfortunately, that is correct. A federal pardon is granted for federal crimes, not state crimes. So you may have to wait until there is a new governor, or convince the curent governor to begin accepting pardon applications, or you may have to try a vacature instead. I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Lawyer