How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19221
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do about a man threaning me saying i will be eating

This answer was rated:

What can I do about a man threaning me saying i will be eating thru a straw via Facebook.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

You can technically report it to the police as a verbal threat of physical violence. Now, they may or may not do anything about it. They may take the report, talk to the prosecutor and decide that they don't want to prosecute further. It really would be out of your hands.

But it would be good to have on record in case further threats were made. It could also make the police more responsive if the threats escalate. So, don't be discouraged if they decide not to do anything. There is value in the report alone.
Allen M., Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you