Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was questioned by Seattle poilce and told I would get a citation

for loitering in a prostitution...
I was questioned by Seattle poilce and told I would get a citation for loitering in a prostitution zone, but they only wrote my name and info on a yellow pad and said I would get something from the court. I did not sign anything and was not arrested. What should I expect?
8/20/2013
Nate, Lawyer
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

It sounds like you're going to eventually get a citation in the mail, which is like a speeding ticket. You'll be given a court date on the citation. Typically incidents like this are resolved with a fine or community service. If you choose to fight it, you'll be given time to obtain a lawyer after the date on the citation.

When it arrives in the mail is anyone's guess, but a couple weeks is about average in most places.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!

Nate, Lawyer
Nate, Lawyer